I pounced on this article which highlighted a poll conducted on 1000 Japanese single females between the age of 29 to 39 by a company called Wakuwaku Communications. The results to the question “What is the ideal meeting scenario?” were ranked and listed as below:
- Sitting beside the nice guy on the plane and coincidentally meeting him again at a tourist attraction during the trip. (257 Votes)
- The nice guy sitting next you you on the shinkansen helps you to put your luggage on the rack. (196 Votes)
- Touching each other’s hands when grabbing the same book at a bookstore. (189 Votes)
- A nice guy moves in beside you in the mansion. (184 Votes)
- You trip on top of a flight of stairs and a nice guy grabs you before you fall. (180 Votes)
It seems a little too dreamlike for any of those to happen though.
Apart from many new employees in Japan, April marks the my entry into the third year into the full-time working society. Much have happened over these two years, some which may have been the best experiences and worst disappointments in my life. But now that life has stabilized and returned to normal for me, I decided to place more focus on myself and people who can take me for who I am.
One of my resolutions this year is to resume blogging as a hobby. I used to write journals as a hobby and it was a good avenue to organize and express my thoughts and opinions while improving my writing skills. I hope that returning to blogging will encourage me to brush up my website development skills too.
In the past three months, I tried my hands on a few platforms offering free website development services but despite the attractive appearances and user-friendliness of Wix and Weebly, I find myself turning back to WordPress. Weebly offers unlimited pages and image uploads but does not offer common blog features such as exporting posts. Wix allows for better blog management, but does not have as many themes and customization as compared to WordPress. The only downside to WordPress I have so far is that I got to find a host for any media which I want to attach to my posts.
Welcome to Merlion Sashimi!
I am currently in the midst of reviewing and revamping this Wordpress, but do check back often to see my sharings of my travels, my guide to self-learning Japanese, and other interesting posts!